International contest of music and singing “MÚSICA DEL MAR”. The program of the contest is held in Lloret de Mar and for the gala concert participants of this prestigious festival move to Tossa de Mar where they perform in a stunning castle-fortress of the 12th century Villa Vella. It’s curious that people still live in this city-fortress. From the magnificent scene and the stands one can see a picturesque view of the Mediterranean see and the most beautiful harbor of the Costa Brava. In the contest there participate pianists, guitarists,performers playing stringed, bow and wind instruments; orchestras and soloists, performers of classic and jazz singing, academic and chamber choirs. For the participants of this festival and for their accompanying persons there is organized a special excursion program. The mood, feelings and
emotions reigning during this festival make the participants not only immerse into the atmosphere of the holiday but also enjoy the beauty of the music on the background of the sea breakers.
All of our programs consist of two parts:
1. Participation in the competition and festival
2. Participation in the Festival without competing in the competition*.
* For those who don’t want to participate in the competitive program, but wish to participate in the festival. They will still participate in the other festival activities including: joint rehearsals, workshops and master classes, where they receive advice and an official certificate from the renowned international experts during a brief discussion in an open and friendly atmosphere. Non competing participants will also perform at international friendship concerts combining different kinds of art. Communication with other participants, an open exchange of experience as well as a lot of master classes with internationally recognized experts, will certainly bring you to a whole new level of creativity!
A1 piano solo
A2 piano ensembles for one instrument*
* it’s not allowed to perform the program playing more than one instrument
B folklore instruments
B3 small groups
C stringed, bow, wind and percussion instruments
C3 small groups
D3 small groups
E academic singing
E3 small groups
E4 ensembles and choirs
F pop – jazz – gospell – spiritual
F3 small groups
F4 ensembles and choirs
Age groups of the participants
I) younger than 9 years old
II ) 10-12 years
III) 13-15 years
IV) 16-19 years
V) 20-25 years
VI) от 26 years
* The group age is based on the majority of the participants.
Each group or soloist should present 1 or 2 competitive compositions of 3-8 minutes each.
All the compositions should be recorded on a CD. And also it’s obligatory to have a backup copy of tracks on a USB flash drive.
In the application it’s necessary to specify if the layout of performances is needed or if the work will be executed by one set.
It’s obligatory to indicate soloists, duets and small groups of 3-5 persons.
During the competitive performances as to the groups, so to the soloists it’s prohibited to use lip-synching sound records.
The jury is formed of famous musicians and specialists in the sphere of instrumental music and singing, cultural workers of Spain, France, Canada and other countries of the Eastern Europe and Asia. International jury is formed by the contest’s providers. Participation in the gala concert isn’t guaranteed for everyone and is confirmed due to the results of the previous shows according to the consolidated legislative decision of the contest providers and the
The jury has the right
not to award all the prizes;
to share prize among performers;
to award special prizes to teachers for outstanding achievements;
to make a decision about breaking a performance which exceeds the bounds of the regulations;
the jury evaluates the participants on one hundred-point system, the final result is made up of the average
quantity of the received scores and the average value of the progress scores;
the jury’s decisions are final and are not subject to review.
degree of the complexity of the repertoire;
degree of virtuosity and technical capability;
scenic culture, artistic skill, creative uniqueness.
The jury evaluates the participants on 100-point scale.
Regarding the genres of performing and nominations the awards are distributed due to seven age groups
participants who received up to 70 points become prize winners (copper diploma);
participants who received from 70 to 79 points – prize winners of the third degree (bronze diploma);
participants who received from 80 to 89 points become prize winners of the second degree (silver diploma);
participants who received from 90 to 99 points become prize winners of the first degree (gold diploma);
participants who received 100 points become winners of the grand prize of the contest “MÚSICA DEL MAR” (platinum diploma).
* ensembles, soloists, duets and small groups – winners of the first prizes and the Grand prize are given personalized trophy cups. Each group participant is given a nominal diploma from the founders and providers of the contest. Each group gets from the Spanish authorities an additional diploma in the form of engraving on a special base. Each team head and sponsor will be given thank-you letters on the letterhead of the kingdom of Spain.
Program of stay
1st day Sunday:
– check-in to a hotel from 14:00 pm;
– presentation of the excursion programs;
2nd day Monday:
8:00 – breakfast;
13:00 – lunch;
14:00 – rehearsal in costumes;
17:00 – beginning of the contest;
20:00 – dinner.
3rd day Tuesday:
8:00 – breakfast;
9:00 – excursion tips (optional, for extra charge);
18:00 – beginning of the gala concert in the castle Villa Vella, giving out of the awards;
22:00 – dinner.
4th day Wednesday:
– check out from the hotel at 10:00.
* ATTENTION! Organizers have opportunity to modify the program.
What is included into the price
4 days and 3 nights in a three-star hotel or in four-star hotel;
full board, buffet (breakfast, lunch, dinner)+ drinks;
transfer hotel – place of holding gala concert in Tossa de Mar – hotel;
special thank-you certificates in the form of engraving on a special basis from the town´s authorities
thank-you letters for choreographers and sponsors on the official numbered letterheads of the kingdom of Spain.
accommodation in a double room for the group leaders of 25 persons and more – without any
Soloists pay extra €50
Duets pay extra €40 for a duet
Small groups of 3-5 persons pay extra €30 for a group.
For participating in each additional nomination – extra fee €15 per person.
Three-star hotel with full board
Accommodation in a triple room €190 /person – extra day €34/person
Accommodation in a double room €215 /person –extra day €41/person
Accommodation in a single room €285 /person – extra day €53/person
Four-star hotel with full board
Accommodation in a triple room €210 /a person – extra day €41/a person
Accommodation in a double room €235 /a person – extra day €48/a person
Accommodation in a single room €325 /a person – extra day €70/a person
Each 25th group’s participant gets a pack of our services for free!
- 21/06/2020 - 24/06/2020
21/06 - 24/06
- 4 days (3 nights) = 190 € per person
How to get there
Original pictures from the contest, gala concert and the award ceremony on a CD/flash drive;
Photo services during the trips/excursions. Photoshoots for groups and soloists;
Hair stylist (Make up and hairstyle);
Master classes from the Spanish art workers;
Assisting Translator. (accompanying person);
Video shooting of a contest/gala concert.* All the extra services are provided on demand. They
should be requested minimum 3 days before the beginning of the contest. The prices of the extra
services are to be specified from our managers.
Barcelona city sightseeing tour + The Spanish Village or Aquarium
Girona + museum of Salvador Dali
Tossa de Mar (city-fortress)!
Chivalrous tournament with dinner and drinks
Flamenco show with dinner and drinks