Lloret de Mar is situated in the southern part of the Costa Brava, 70 kilometres to the north east of Barcelona. This is one of the Mediterraneans most popular resorts and certainly the liveliest holiday spot on this stretch of the Spanish coastline. The former fisherman’s village covers 48 square kilometres, and has five main beaches along a 7 kilometre of coastline.
The city of Barcelona and its airport El Prat can also be reached by train, with connections going further beyond. The local airport is at Girona, which is just 35 motoring minutes away.
The beaches of Lloret are extremely well kept and washed by crystal clear waters. There are many areas of great interest to divers off the rocky headlands. The main beach has a delightful promenade with scenic views and many excellent bars and restaurants. There is the facility to hire small pleasure craft and enjoy all manner of water sports.
International festival-contest “FOLK FESTIVAL IN CATALONIA” contributes to preservation and a popularization of national traditions, ethnic culture of different nationalities and strengthening of international relations. International festival
of Folklore in Catalonia is directed for the propaganda of peace, friendship, fraternal relations and world nations’ solidarity by means of folk art of dance and music, rich traditions and respected national standards of self-expression and communication.
Communicating with the language of fantasy and art, representatives of different world nations meet and exchange cultural and art works which reflect their traditions. It helps them to find new ways of communication by means of collaboration and the art language. We all know that the art language kills all the barriers like cultural, social, economical and others, leaving the communication level free and easy.
All of our programs consist of two parts:
1. Participation in the competition and festival
2. Participation in the Festival without competing in the competition*.
* For those who don’t want to participate in the competitive program, but wish to participate in the festival. They will still participate in the other festival activities including: joint rehearsals, workshops and master classes, where they receive advice and an official certificate from the renowned international experts during a brief discussion in an open and friendly atmosphere. Non competing participants will also perform at international friendship concerts combining different kinds of art.
Communication with other participants, an open exchange of experience as well as a lot of master classes with internationally recognized experts, will certainly bring you to a whole new level of creativity!
singers (ensembles and soloists);
choirs of folk art;
instrumentalists (ensembles and soloists);
dancers (ensembles and soloists);
musical and dancing groups.
Age groups of the participants
I) younger than 9 years old
II ) 10-12 years
III) 13-15 years
IV) 16-19 years
V) 20-25 years
VI) from 26 years
* The group age is based on the majority of the participants.
* Each group should present 1 or 2 competitive compositions of 3-8 minutes each. Each soloist should present 1
performance up to 4 minutes.
* All the compositions should be recorded on a CD. And also it’s obligatory to have a backup copy of tracks on a USB
* In the application it’s necessary to specify if the layout of performances is needed or if the work will be executed by one
* It’s obligatory to indicate soloists, duets and small groups of 3-5 persons.
The jury of the contest is formed of the most important cultural workers of Spain, France, Canada and other countries of the Eastern Europe and Asia. International jury is formed by the contest’s providers. Participation in the gala concert isn’t guaranteed for everyone and is confirmed due to the results of the previous shows according to the consolidated legislative decision of the contest providers and the judges.
The jury has the right
not to award all the prizes;
to share prize among performers;
to award special prizes to teachers for outstanding achievements;
to make a decision about breaking a performance which exceeds the bounds of the regulations;
the jury evaluates the participants on one hundred-point system, the final result is made up of the
average quantity of the received scores and the average value of the progress scores;
the jury’s decisions are final and are not subject to review.
artistic mastery and technique;
compositional creation of the performance;
appearance (costumes, properties, staging);
artistic skills, disclosure of an artistic image, contact with the audience.
The jury evaluates the participants on 100-point scale.
Regarding the genres of performing and nominations the awards are distributed due to seven age groups
participants who received up to 70 points become prize winners (copper diploma);
participants who received from 70 to 79 points – prize winners of the third degree (bronze
participants who received from 80 to 89 points become prize winners of the second degree (silver
participants who received from 90 to 99 points become prize winners of the first degree (gold
participants who received 100 points become winners of the grand prize of the contest “FOLK
FESTIVAL IN CATALONIA” (platinum diploma).
* ensembles, soloists, duets and small groups – winners of the first prizes and the Grand prize are given personalized trophy cups. Each group participant is given a nominal diploma from the founders and providers of the contest. Each group gets from the Spanish authorities an additional diploma in the form of engraving on a special base.
Each team head and sponsor will be given thank-you letters on the letterhead of the kingdom of Spain.
The organizers of the festival instituted the next awards:
For the best costume
For the propaganda of the national art abroad
People’s choice award
Program of stay
1st day Sunday:
– check in to a hotel; (from 14:00);
– meeting with the organizers of the contest;
– presentation of the excursion programs;
20:00 – dinner;
2nd day Monday:
08:00 – breakfast;
11:00 – rehearsal in costumes;
12:30 – lunch;
13:00 – beginning of the festival-contest concert;
3rd day Tuesday:
08:00 – breakfast;
09:00 – excursions (optional, for an extra charge);
20:00 – dinner.
4th day Wednesday:
08:00 – breakfast;
– check out from the hotel at 10:00.
* ATTENTION! Organizers have opportunity to modify the program.
Soloists pay extra €50
Duets pay extra €40 for a duet
Small groups of 3-5 persons pay extra €30 for a group.
For participating in each additional nomination – extra fee €15 per person.
Accommodation in a triple room €190 /person – extra day €28/person
Accommodation in a double room €225 /person – extra day €36/person
Accommodation in a single room €280 /person – extra day €41/person
Each 25th group’s participant gets a pack of our services for free!
What is included into the price
4 days and 3 nights in a three-star hotel;
full board, buffet (breakfast, lunch, dinner) + drinks;
thank-you letters for teachers and sponsors on the official numbered letterheads of the kingdom of
competitive viewing, Gala Concert with award ceremony;
for team leaders from 25 people we provide accommodation in a double room for the cost of living
in a triple room;
round table for the teachers with the president of jury;
nominal certificates for all the participants;
- 02/02/2020 - 05/02/2020
02/02 - 05/02
- 4 days (3 nights) = 190 € per person
- 4 days (3 nights) = 225 € per person
How to get there
Original pictures from the contest, gala concert and the award ceremony on a CD/flash drive;
Photo services during the trips/excursions. Photoshoots for groups and soloists;
Hair stylist (Make up and hairstyle);
Master classes from the Spanish art workers;
Assisting Translator. (accompanying person);
Video shooting of a contest/gala concert.
* All the extra services are provided on demand. They should be requested minimum 3 days before the beginning of the contest. The prices of the extra services are to be specified from our managers.
Barcelona city sightseeing tour + The Spanish Village or Aquarium
Girona + museum of Salvador Dali
Rupit and Besalu
Tossa de Mar (city-fortress)
Chivalrous tournament with dinner and drinks
Flamenco show with dinner and drinks