The result of 3000 years of ad hoc urban development, Rome's cityscape is an exhilarating sight. Ancient icons such as the Colosseum, Roman Forum and Pantheon recall the city’s golden age as caput mundi (capital of the world), while monumental basilicas tell of its history as seat of the Catholic Church. Lording it over the skyline, St Peter’s Basilica towers over the Vatican, testifying to the ambition of Rome’s Renaissance popes and the genius of its game-changing architects. Elsewhere, ornate piazzas and showy fountains add a baroque flourish to the city's captivating streets.
A trip to Rome is as much about lapping up the dolce vita lifestyle as gorging on art and culture. Idling around picturesque streets, whiling away hours at streetside cafes, people-watching on pretty piazzas – these are all central to the Roman experience. The tempo rises in the evening when fashionable drinkers descend on the city’s bars and cafes for a sociable aperitivo (drink with snacks) and trattorias hum with activity. Elsewhere, cheerful hordes mill around popular haunts before heading off to hip cocktail bars and late-night clubs.
04.06. - Upon arrival in Rome, participants will be taken to their respective hotels. In the afternoon there is the possibility of a sightseeing tour of Rome: Termini Train Station, the Church of St. Peter in Chains (Michelangelo's statue of Moses), the Roman Forums, the Colosseum, Piazza Venezia, Palazzo Venezia, the Pantheon, the Trevi Fountain, the Spanish Steps... Leisure time for individual activities. Return to the hotel.
Optional: the possibility of going to one of the Disco clubs in Rome.
05.06. - Breakfast. After breakfast, leisure time in Rome for individual facilities or the possibility of organizing a trip to Naples, the biggest city in southern Italy and the seat of the Campania region. Upon arrival, a panoramic tour of Naples: the medieval Castel Nuovo, the Royal Palace, the Galleria Umberto I, the Toledo shopping street, tourist port, leisure time...
Return to Rome. Leisure time.
Alternatively, for those interested, we will organize an optional tour of the Vatican, the smallest country in the world but certainly one of its most powerful. Tour of the Vatican Palace, the Sistine Chapel with frescoes by Michelangelo, Botticelli and other great painters, the St. Peter’s Basilica.
After the tour, free time for walking around and individual activities.
06.06. – Breakfast. Festival activities. Preparations for the show. Sound check. Performances by Choral groups. Awarding of diplomas.
After the Festival, we will organize a facultative Mutually– friendly night, - a final party for all participants of the Festival. Overnight stay.
07.06. - Breakfast. Leaving the hotel. A day reserved for looking around Rome and visiting all those places you didn’t have the chance to visit during the previous couple of days: museums, promenades, fountains, stores...
During this time, we will organize an optional tour of Tivoli - an ancient town near Rome. In Tivoli we will visit the Villa d' Este, built near Hadrian’s Villa by
Cardinal d' Este as his summer residence during the construction of which he redirected the flow of water to make beautiful fountains famous all over the world... Tivoli is the perfect end to a perfect day... After the tour, leisure time in Tivoli for lunch/dinner, an espresso, a glass of wine or other activities… Later unfortunately moving of all ensembles back to their arrival point of departure with another meeting next year !
The participation fee is : 109 €
The price includes:
- Accommodations at hotels with 3/4* in Rome or its vicinity, such as the Hotel Villa Maria *** www.villamariaparkhotel.it , Hotel Torre di Pratolungo*** , Hotel il Ruspante ***, Euro hotel Roma Nord ****, Hotel Le Meridienne****… in 1/3 and 1/4 rooms on the basis of 3 nights with breakfast
(supplement for 1/2 room starts at 5 € per person per night)
- Price for accommodation at Hotel Palacavicchi *** is: 115 € in 1/3 or 1/4 rooms ( supplement for 1/2 rooms is 5 e per person per night )
- Free place on every 25 th member
- Invitation Letter
The price does not include:
- the possibility of a surcharge for dinner at the hotel (depending on the hotel the charge varies from 8 € - 12 €) and in the city of Rome (depending on the menu and the restaurant, from 10 € - 15 €)
- Optional excursions: Tour of Rome: 7 €, Tivoli with a ticket for the Villa d'Este: 15 € adults, 10 € children up to 18 years of age, Naples: 23 € adults, 18 € children up to 18 years of age
- mandatory tax for Rome and the vicinity (introduced on January 01, 2011 to be paid at the hotel reception desk)
- for accommodations at hotels with 2 and 3 *: 1 - 4 € per night, per person, and stay in hotels with 4 *: 4 -
6 € per night, per person
- 04/06/2020 - 07/06/2020
04/06 - 07/06
- 4 days (3 nights) = 109 € per person