Vienna, Austria’s capital, lies in the country’s east on the Danube River. Its artistic and intellectual legacy was shaped by residents including Mozart, Beethoven, and Sigmund Freud. The city is also known for its Imperial palaces, including Schönbrunn, the Habsburgs’ summer residence. In the MuseumsQuartier district, historic and contemporary buildings display works by Egon Schiele, Gustav Klimt, and other artists.
SOLOISTS – 15 EURO / for 1 video performance in one discipline
DUETS – 20 EURO / for 1 video performance in one discipline
TRIO / QUARTETS – 25 EURO / for 1 video performance in one discipline
SMALL FORMATIONS (up to 7 persons) – 30 EURO / for 1 video performance in one discipline ENSEMBLES AND ART GROUPS (8 persons and more) – 35 EURO / for 1 video performance in one discipline
Participants in FINE ARTS & CRAFTS – 10 EURO / for 1 presentation (1-2 work)
- 29/10/2021 - 30/10/2021
29/10 - 30/10
- 2 days (1 nights) = 15 € per person
DEADLINE FOR APPLICATIONS: 19 NOVEMBER 2021
PUBLISHING OF ONLINE RESULTS BY DISCIPLINES: 29 – 30 NOVEMBER 2021
PUBLISHING OF ONLINE RESULTS BY DISCIPLINES AND AWARD CEREMONY: 02-03 DEC 2021
PLACE: ONLINE STAGE (VIENNA, AUSTRIA)
International Competition and Festival of Arts, Folklore, Music and Dance “WIENER STERNE /
VIENNA STARS” is a multi-genre competition and festival that is regularly held in Vienna - the world capital of music, waltz, palaces and parks - twice a year: in late March and early November.
The festival is an important event in the cultural life of Vienna and has won recognition from all over the world. More and more participants are attracted and the geography of the participating countries is constantly growing. From the year 2020 it exist also in digital form, as ONLINE EDITION.
At this time of the global health crisis connected with the pandemic outbreak of Coronavirus COVID-19 and in accordance with the governmental measures taken to restrict travel abroad, the NEW conception and form of Festival “WIENER STERNE / VIENNA STARS” is being launched as well as ONLINE COMPETITION &FESTIVAL with the possibility of DISTANCING PARTICIPATION.
The previous form and standards of the International Competition and Festival “WIENER STERNE /
VIENNA STARS” are adapted and moved to the online platform providing the chance to participate online without traveling abroad by sharing performances, by creating NEW alternative space and opportunities for participants to challenge their creativity, show their skills to professional international Jury, to international dialogue, to come together on the NEW online platform, to establish NEW international friendly and creative contacts, to enrich the multinational culture on the basis of mutual respect for the cultural traditions of all the countries and nations of the world.
In the current difficult and unstable situation for travelling abroad, we realize how important is to
show that we are still united and we are still believing in the power of Arts, Music, Dancing and
Singing, with our longstanding desire to make our contribution, whenever possible, to peace and
arts, to promotion of different cultures, sharing experiences and creative achievements between
the participants from different countries in any possible and available way.
We created innovative way to bring all of our participants together - we created ONLINE FESTIVAL
BRIDGES to re-connect all countries and nations.
LET'S BE RE-CONNECTED!
AIMS & GOALS:
- The main purpose of the ONLINE International Competition and Festival "WIENER STERNE /
VIENNA STARS" is to bring interesting young talents from all around the world together on the digital platform without traveling abroad to present their skills and cultural traditions, to build collaboration among participating performers, to continue engaging with International festivals
- Possibility to get an evaluation from the recognized International Jury members and to win DIPLOMAS (in digital form), gold, silver, or bronze MEDALS AWARD CERTIFICATES (in digital form) and LETTERS OF APPRECIATION
- Opportunity to be selected to the FINALS of GRAND ONLINE EUROFEST in DECEMBER 2021 with free participation for the best performers
- Opportunity to win GIFT CERTIFICATES for further participation (discounted or free) in our International Competitions and Festivals in the year 2022
- Presentation of performing arts and cultural traditions of all the countries and nations of the world
- Presentation of art groups with an innovative and interactive way on the online platform
- Sharing experiences and creative achievements of participants from different countries
- Opportunity to bring together participants from all around the world
- Improvement of professional skills and qualifications for art leaders
MEMBERS OF THE INTERNATIONAL JURY COMMITTEE:
Famous Austrian and foreign cultural and performing arts professionals are invited to the International Jury Committee.
GENERAL RULES AND REGULATIONS:
International Competition and Festival of Arts, Folklore, Music and Dance “WIENER STERNE /
VIENNA STARS ONLINE EDITION 2021” is determined for soloists, ensembles and art groups of
young performers from different countries of the world.
THE PROCEDURE OF PARTICIPATION IN THE ONLINE COMPETITION AND FESTIVAL:
1. The competition and festival is held in the form of online competition and festival with distancing participation.
2. Applications start being received from the Opening Date for Applications and will close at the Deadline Date for accepting application.
3. Creative art groups, ensembles, teams, music and art schools, cultural centres and institutions,
as well as soloists and small forms (duets, trios and groups up to 7 persons) who have timely and
properly applied and paid the registration fee are allowed to participate in the online competition
4. The competitive program of the participants is approved by the Organizing Committee on the
basis of applications received and paid before the official deadline date.
5. Applications should be applied with filling in all compulsory details of performer(s) and being
used for issuing the official Diplomas and Medals Award Certificates. Art leaders, art directors,
conductors, teachers, accompanists will be granted also by the Letters of Appreciation.
6. For distancing participation it is compulsory to send the link to the video performance to
Organizing Committee (see more information in TECHNICAL REQUIREMENTS).
7. All short-listed selected for competitive and festival program video performances are evaluated
by the International Jury Committee, represented by internationally acknowledged cultural and art
workers, according to the 10-points evaluation system.
8. The members of International Jury Committee review and evaluate the competitive performances in online form. The Jury evaluates proficiency and skills, mastery of technique, artistry, originality of interpretation and costumes, difficulty and choice of the repertoire and its compliance with the age and capabilities of the performer, stage presence and audience impact.
No appeals may be lodged against the decisions of the jury.
9. The Results of the online competition and festival “WIENER STERNE / VIENNA STARS ONLINE
EDITION 2021” with Jury valuations are being announced 10 working days after the Deadline Date
for Applications. The Jury members have no right to disclose the results of the online competition and festival before their official announcement.
10. All participants should prepare and send the link to their short-video recording of their competitive and festival program with Repertoire of free choice within the time limits specified below:
SOLOISTS / DUETS – 1 short-video performance up to 5 minutes long
SMALL FORMATIONS (up to 7 persons) – 1 short-video performance up to 7 minutes long
ENSEMBLES AND ART GROUPS (up to 14 persons) – 1 short-video performance up to 7 minutes long
ENSEMBLES AND ART GROUPS (15 and more persons) – 1 short-video performance up to 8 minutes
FINE ARTS & CRAFTS – 1-2 works (photos or scans / see more details in TECHNICAL REQUIREMENTS)
11. Official Closing Ceremony includes the publishing of the whole online concert on the official YouTube channel of organizers as well as the GALA CONCERT of the winners (best-chosen performers).
MINI KIDS - from 6 to 8 years
CHILDREN - from 9 to 12 years
JUNIORS 1 - from 13 to 15 years
JUNIORS 2 – from 16 to 18 years
ADULTS 1 – from 19 years to 25 years
ADULTS 2 – from 26 years and older
SENIORS – from 50 years and older
COMPETITIVE AND FESTIVAL DISCIPLINES:
1. INSTRUMENTAL MUSIC / ALL KINDS OF MUSICAL INSTRUMENTS
(classical music, chamber music, folk, jazz, contemporary, modern, pop and other genres / piano,
string instruments, woodwinds and brass instruments, percussions, folk and national instruments, electronic instruments, instrumental ensembles, orchestras, chamber ensembles, symphonic bands
2. VOCAL ART / SINGING (classical, opera, musical, choral, folk, jazz, pop, rock, show groups, others)
3. DANCE / CHOREOGRAPHY (ballet, folk, ethnic, modern, jazz, pop, contemporary, free plastic,
breakdance, street dance, hip hop, children's dance, sport dance, ballroom dance, etc.)
4. THEATRE / DRAMATIC ART (drama, musicals, puppetry, theatrical miniatures, fragments from
plays, recitation, etc.)
5. FOLKLORE (folk and ethnographic groups and soloists)
6. FASHION AND DESIGN (fashion designers, fashion houses, theatres of fashion)
7. ORIGINAL GENRE / CIRCUS / ACROBATIC PERFORMANCES
8. VISUAL ART AND CRAFTS (painting, graphics, drawing, etc.)
CRITERIA FOR EVALUATION OF THE COMPETITIVE PERFORMANCES AND JURY POINTS:
The jury evaluates the skills of the participants during the competitive performance in each competitive discipline and in each age category in accordance with the 10-points evaluation system:
up to 6.9 points – Diploma of Participation
7-7.9 points – Laureate of the 3 rd degree
8-8.9 points – Laureate of the 2 nd degree
9-9.9 points – Laureate of the 1 st degree
10 points and more from all JURY MEMBERS – GRAND PRIX WINNER
According to the Results, duplication of prize places is allowed (two or more third places, two or more second ones, etc.). The JURY may divide the prize places and title of Laureate (1 st / 2 nd / 3 rd Degree) among several participants, and also not award it to anyone in a particular competitive discipline. The JURY has the right not to award the title of GRAND PRIX in a particular competitive discipline, based on the number of performers and the level of performing skills. The JURY has the right to award SPECIAL JURY PRIZE as well.
Every video performance will be awarded by 1 DIPLOMA and by 1 MEDAL AWARD CERTIFICATE.
ADDITION INFORMATION FOR GROUPS, ENSEMBLES, and SMALL FORMATIONS: it is possible to order Personal Diplomas and Medal Award Certificates for every member of the art group by the extra surcharge.
PERSONAL DIPLOMA for every member of an art group or collective – extra 5 EURO/participant
PERSONAL MEDAL AWARD CERTIFICATE for every member of an art group or collective – extra 5
PRIZE GIVING CEREMONY AND AWARDS:
According to the average score of the collected evaluation points from JURY MEMBERS, all participants will be awarded DIPLOMAS OF PARTICIPATION, DIPLOMAS OF LAUREATE of the 1st, 2nd, and 3rd DEGREE, DIPLOMA OF GRAND PRIX WINNER as well as gold, silver, and bronze MEDAL AWARD CERTIFICATES.
Participants awarded with SPECIAL JURY PRIZES and GRAND PRIX winners are automatically being
selected to the FINALS of GRAND ONLINE EUROFEST 2021 with free participation.
IMPORTANT: All Diplomas and Medal Award Certificates for distance participation are issued and
sent to participants in DIGITAL ELECTRONIC form only.
MAIN TECHNICAL REQUIREMENTS:
- All short videos should be recorded as a live performance in one space (at home, on stage, in a class, auditorium, or another proper place).
- Video recordings from other festivals or competitions dated for years 2020/2021 are permitted only on condition if the video is uploaded exclusively by the performer(s) and on condition that the creative property of the video remains on the performer(s).
- Participants are responsible for compliance with the copyrights and related rights as well as for the settlement of ownership on all soundtracks / phonograms they use in their video for the competitive program. By submitting their video performances at the online competition and festival “LES ÉTOILES DE PARIS / ONLINE AUTUMN EDITION 2021”,
participants agree to their free publication, public display, broadcast or other transmission, unless otherwise agreed with the organizers on an individual basis at the time of application.
- All short-videos recordings must be of high quality, with a high resolution of at least 720 pixels, without any acoustic interference.
- All short videos are recommended to be taken on a static camera using a tripod to eliminate the effect of “shaking hands”. Videos taken on a mobile phones are allowed only in high quality.
- All short videos must have homogenous background if possible and sufficient lighting.
- All short videos must be without signs of editing and stitching of frames.
- Each video must contain only one separate competitive performance.
- The short videos registered for a competitive program of online competition and festival “LES ÉTOILES DE PARIS / ONLINE AUTUMN EDITION 2021” must be published on any of the file-hosting sites (YouTube, Google Drive, etc.), MUST HAVE OPEN ACCESS without viewing restrictions and with a storage period of AT LEAST 30 DAYS FROM THE DEADLINE FOR
SPECIAL REQUIREMENTS TO COMPETITIVE DISCIPLINES:
INSTRUMENTAL MUSIC / ALL KINDS OF MUSICAL INSTRUMENTS:
During the video performance face and hands of a performer as well as instruments must be clearly
seen. Formal black-white dress code or concert costume is obligatory.
Performance must be recorded “live” or if necessary, the accompaniment could be launched on some sound device (for example, on a portable speaker, laptop, etc).
The use of sound amplifiers is allowed on the condition of performing competitive programs on electronic instruments.
The participants in the competitive discipline "VOCAL ART" must perform “live” or use only the "minus" soundtrack. It is forbidden to use the "plus" soundtrack.
The use of microphones is allowed only without using mixers and amplifiers.
DANCE / CHOREOGRAPHY:
Video performance must catch general plan with the visible entire choreographic layout.
VISUAL ART & CRAFTS:
The participants must submit photographs or scans of one-two piece in JPEG format. The total file size should not exceed 10 MB. Competitive materials in this discipline must be placed in any file or cloud storage or could be sent by email to Organizing Committee after submitting the Application.
Photos of both competitive works must be located at the same link or must be sent to the email in one
file with indicated NAME of the participant.
IMPORTANT CONDITIONS AND OBLIGATIONS:
1. Once all payments of Participation Fees have been made, no refund will be given for any reason.
2. All materials (audio, video, and printed materials) created in the frames of online competition, the Organizers consider their property, have the right to use and distribute information at their discretion without paying fees to the participants.
3. The responsibility for settling copyright issues for the soundtracks/music used for performances rests with the participants of the competition. Please note that the music used must be allowed for free use in all countries of the world (or the participant must be
transferred the rights to use it).
4. In the case of performing technically complex elements, working with electrical appliances,
etc. responsibility for life and health, safety assurance rests with the parents of the minor participant. The safety of adult participants is ensured by them independently.
5. Applying to online COMPETITION and FESTIVAL, the participants automatically accept the GENERAL REGULATIONS and CONDITIONS.