Ohrid City – a mixture of rich history and modern life...
Ohrid is an immortal town on the mythical Balkans, a magical hill of Macedonia whose primordial pulsation links ancient and modern times forever.
Ohrid has been a living town for 2400 years, notable for having 365 churches, one for each day of the year, and is referred to as the Macedonian Jerusalem. Archaeological finds indicate that Ohrid is one of the oldest human settlements in all of Europe.
Lake Ohrid rightly deserves the name “Macedonia’s freshwater sea”. Not only for its warm water blue color, which gains its intensity from the sky blue color but because of its size, this lake gives an impression of being a sea. With its unique flora and fauna, the lake is one of the largest biological reserves in Europe.
Basic Category Hotels - 120 euro per person – 5 days (4 nights HB – breakfast, and dinner)
Advanced Category Hotels - 140 euro per person – 5 days (4 nights HB – breakfast, and dinner)
- We offer accommodation: Hotels and Apartments.
- The groups will be accommodated in rooms with 3 and 4 beds with their own bathroom.
- Only 2 double rooms are available per group which can be used for the leaders and drivers.
- For any extra double room, the group should pay an extra 10 euro/person/day and for a single room an additional 20 euros per day.
- If the group shows interest in extending the stay the organizers should be informed during the application process (the price for an extra night on half board basis is 30-35 euros per person).
- For a group of 25 people, you will have 1 free gratis.
- The groups will be accommodated after 12 PM, and leave the rooms before 10 AM.
- Important! Macedonian Tourist Tax and Insurance (0.70 cent euro coin per person per day) is not calculated in the price and is to be paid after arrival and accommodation.
- As confirmation of its participation in this folklore festival, a group pays 1000€ in advance and the rest not later than 15 days before the festival by bank transfer or upon the group’s arrival at the hotel, according to the previous agreement with the organizers
- This deposit is non-reimbursable if you later decide not to come, for any reason. In case of unexpected circumstances or Force Majeure, the organizer reserves the right to change the date of the event
- Considering the current economic situation in Europe, in the event of further price increases, we reserve the right to subsequently adjust our prices
- Any banking costs that may arise must be paid by the applicant.
- 19/04/2024 - 23/04/2024
19/04 - 23/04
- 5 days (4 nights) = 120 € per person
With pleasure we invite you (Folk Groups, Choral Groups, And Orchestras Majorette Teams), (Children, Youth, And Adults Groups) to participate on V. Festival Days In Ohrid .
Conditions of the festival:
- Choir, Orchestras, Folklore, and Modern Dance groups from all over the world.
- The number of participants is limited.
- No age limits.
- Gifts and Diplomas for participation in the festival are provided by the organizer.
- Organization of the performances of the participants and the parade.
- In order to participate in this festival, every group needs to fill in an application form. After receiving the application form and completing of advance payment, the organizer will send an official letter of invitation for participation at the Festival.
Obligations of the participants:
- Each group must consist of dancers, musicians, group managers, and administration.
- To prepare a program with a duration of 10 to 12 minutes.
- You can perform with live music CD or USB and you should have a flag and a sign with the name of the group for the Defile.
- The groups coming by bus should use their own transport all the time during the festival.
- If the group needs a visa, it is the responsibility of the group to arrange it.
- Groups should submit rooming lists not later than one month before the start of the festival.
Checking in the hotel, free time for individual activities
Dinner in the hotel,
Exchange presents and certificate
Visiting the old city of Ohrid(Samuil Fortress, Antique Theater, St. Kliment Ohridski-Plaosnik, St. Jovan Kaneo)
Cruising with Boat on Ohrid Lake and visit the Museum on water and the most famous tourist resort St. Naum
Beach free time
Checking out of the hotels
*The organizer reserves the right to changes in the festival program.
- Personal responsibility and health insurance are within the other obligations of the groups. First Aid and Medical Hospital will be available, medical services must be covered by the group.
Advertising the festival:
- All festival events will be presented in the press, on the radio stations, as well as on local television programs, on flyers, and on posters.
- The copyright of all video materials and pictures is ownership of the Organization of the Festival. By applying you confirm that you accept all festival conditions.
Any group willing to participate must submit an Application form.
Things to do
Explore Ohrid like never before!
1. Sightseeing of the old part of the city Ohrid
Ohrid Roman Amphitheater - Build around 200 BC, just over 2000 years old. Today is used during the Ohrid Summer Festival for performances of ancient tragedies and comedies.
Samuil’s Fortress - dated from 4th century B.C., Samuel’s fortress consumes the city’s skyline with walls 3 km long and 16 meters high. With its strategic location, overlooking the town and the lake, it provides an ideal place for taking in the whole panorama of Ohrid and its surroundings.
St. Pantelejmon (Plaosnik) – dedicated to St. Clement and St. Pantelejmon it stands next to the ruins of the original St Clement´s monastery school at Plaosnik.
St. John Kaneo – it is not certain when it was built and fresco painted. St. John Kaneo church is most known for its scenic location, standing on a cliff over Lake Ohrid.
2. Boat trip (Ohrid – St. Naum – Ohrid)
Lake Ohrid – one of Europe’s deepest and according to most experts the oldest lake in Europe. The importance of the lake was further emphasized when it was declared a World Heritage site by UNESCO in 1979.
St. Naum Monastery – one of the most beautiful monasteries in Macedonia and an important pilgrimage place founded in 910 by St.Naum. Among the local people, there is a belief that the place is holy and sacred and that the ghost of St. Naum helps couples who have problems with having their own children.
3. Sightseeing of the springs in village Vevcani
Vevcani (Vevchani) is one of the most authentic and naturally beautiful villages in Macedonia. It’s situated in the southwestern part of Macedonia, in a valley on Jablanica Mountain 800 meters above sea level.
4. The City of Consuls Tour – 1 day Bitola
By visiting Bitola, you will have the opportunity to visit Heraclea Lyncestis with the beautiful well-preserved floor mosaics, fine examples of the early Christian Art period, you will enjoy the mixture of Ottoman, neoclassical 19th-century romantic architecture.
Finally, don’t miss out on Bitola as it is honored for its café culture, the pedestrian Shirok Sokak lined with nice colorful romantic and neoclassical buildings almost of all of them housing a café is a place to see and be seen!
It will be our pleasure to make your trip an unforgettable experience!
We can provide the following services for your group:
- accommodation during the trip (in case you need a sleepover on your way to the chosen destination)
- accommodation during the festival event you attend
- travel and transportation tips and assistance
- purchasing airplane and bus tickets
- organizing transportation for a group or individuals
- assist and advise in the procedure of issuing visas (if needed)