The Festival is held in the Golden Sands Resort. It is the most famous beach resort in Eastern Europe.
It is 18 km away from Varna (Bulgaria). Varna is the sea capital of Bulgaria. Possibility for a half-day tour to Varna – visit of the Dolphinarium, Aquarium, Zoo, Roman Baths, the Stone Forest, museums, Grand Mall Varna - shopping mall, or a sea yacht tour and more.
Aquapolis - Golden Sands. Balchik - the Palace of the Romanian Queen Maria and the Botanical garden, Cape Kaliakra, and the fortress; Mussel farm and much more. The entrance fees to tourist attractions and transport are paid for by the participants.
Accommodation is in the three-star hotel located in the center of the sea resort Golden Sands, Varna, Bulgaria - air conditioning in the room, TV cable, fridge, Wi-Fi free in the lobby, tourist tax. The hotel offers a possibility for an extension of the stay.
1. The participation fee per participant is EUR 120. The fee is included full board - 3 nights in hotel***, breakfast, lunch, and dinner.
2. The participation fee per participant is EUR 143. The fee is included full board - 4 nights in hotel***, breakfast, lunch, and dinner.
3. The participation fee per participant is EUR 168. The fee is included full board - 5 nights in hotel***, breakfast, lunch, and dinner.
The price does not include transportation, transfer to the hotel, parking, and personal expenses.
Prices are for accommodation in triple and quadruple rooms.
Supplement for accommodation in a double room EUR 4 per person per day.
Supplement for accommodation in a single room EUR 20 per day.
For a group of 25 people, there is one free place (25 + 1).
- 01/09/2022 - 06/09/2022
01/09 - 06/09
- 4 days (3 nights) = 120 € per person
The festival Ethno Rhythms 2022 is held at various points in the Golden Sands resort - parade, group presentations, open-air concerts.
PARTICIPANTS are from community centers, cultural clubs, and amateur groups from Bulgaria and abroad. We expect participants from dance, vocal, and instrumental folk groups including traditional authentic folk groups and groups for interpreted modern folklore. There are no age restrictions for participation. There is no limit on the number of participants. Accompanying attendants can also join. Presentation of folklore groups 10 – 15 minutes. The group should carry a flag to their country.
The objectives of the festival and the creativity meetings are:
- to encourage the cultural exchange between nations and communities; to develop personal creativity; to promote Bulgarian and foreign folklore.
The PROGRAM of the Ethno Festival offers free participation in:
- participation in the festive parade along the main alleys of the resort and in the festive folk program during the two-three evenings.
- participation in the Evening of the communities – a presentation of each community in front of the other participating cultural communities, gift and memorabilia sharing, diplomas and plaques
- Walking-tour to Aladzha Monastery
-Workshop „ Sea Presents" - summer workroom for applied arts
- free swimming pool and a playground
Free time – excursions, beach, and nightclubs in the sea resort Golden Sands
Note: Participation in the various activities of the program is optional and free.
Things to do
Explore Varna like never before!
1. FESTA DOLPHINARIUM – DOLPHIN’S SHOW
The Dolphinarium was inaugurated on 11.08.1984 and quickly became a symbol of Varna and a landmark of Bulgarian tourism. The dolphins and their coaches present the unique Dolphin show which lasts 40 min. Dolphins will sing to you. They will rock-and-roll and waltz. Their joyous performance will take your breath away. A thing which is good to know in advance: dolphins adore applause! It is their major prize.
2. AQUAPOLIS (AQUALAND)
Attraction Park “Aquapolis” – the most beautiful water park in Eastern Europe, is the first one in Bulgaria, established in a unique Mauritian Mediterranean style. The water park is situated in the forest, sporting a unique sea-view and the whole tourist resort. Established on an area of 40 000 square meters, it combines a natural park environment with a series of artificially created elements – pools, water slides, Jacuzzi, fountains and waterfalls, ancient towers and ruins.
3. SIGHTSEEING TOUR WITH GUIDE – VARNA REGION
(SEA GARDEN VARNA, NAVY MUSEUM, ARCHITECTURAL PARK COMPLEX THE PALACE – BALCHIK)
The guided tour starts with the amazing view of the Sea Garden in Varna. After a short walk, the tour continues near the Navy Museum, situated in the most attractive region of the city of Varna – at the seashore. Outside the museum, you can see original ancient anchors and shop remnants, found on the bottom of the Black Sea.
The Tour will end with the visit to the former summer residence of the Romanian Queen Maria Alexandrina Victoria de Edinburg (1875 – 1938) – Palace Balchik. It is situated approximately 2 km south-west of Balchik in a beautiful locality between the Balchik rocks and the sea.
4. VISITING OF TRADITIONAL VILLAGE (SOLNIK)
Bulgarian folklore with its traditional costumes, typical songs, and haunting bagpipe sounds tells the stories of everyday life in Bulgarian villages. Music, art, culture, and history will cross paths in order to make your folklore adventure more colorful and appealing than ever.
Be the guests at a house in the village of Solnik. Have a traditional Lunch with traditional music. Lots of fun just 70 km away from Varna.
5. SIGHTSEEING OF NESSEBAR
Nessebar - "the town of the 40 churches", situated on a beautiful peninsula. It will charm you with the unique architecture of the family basilicas and houses. One of the oldest towns of Europe will impress you with its lovely atmosphere and many layers of cultural and historical heritage, dating back to Thracian times.
After visiting all the attractions, the Tour will end with a tasting lunch in one of the near restaurants (one drink included in the price).
It will be our pleasure to make your trip an unforgettable experience!
We can provide the following services for your group:
- accommodation during the trip (in case you need a sleepover to
- your way to the chosen destination)
- accommodation during the festival event you attend
- travel and transportation tips and assistance
- purchasing airplane and bus tickets
- organizing transportation for a group or individuals
- assist and advise in the procedure of issuing visas (if needed)