Stretching north from Barcelona to the Spanish–French border, the Costa Brava ('rugged coast') is undoubtedly the most beautiful of Spain's three main holiday coasts. Though there's plenty of tourism development, this wonderfully scenic region of Catalonia also unveils unspoiled coves, spectacular seascapes, wind-battered headlands, coast-hugging hiking paths, charming seaside towns with outstanding restaurants, and some of Spain's finest diving around the protected Illes Medes.
Delightful stone villages and the majestic Romanesque monastery of Sant Pere de Rodes nestle in the hilly backcountry, cloaked in the south in brilliant-green umbrella pine. Inland, wander northern Catalonia's biggest city, Girona, home to a moodily atmospheric, strikingly well-preserved medieval center and one of the world's top restaurants. Neighbouring Figueres is famed for its bizarre Teatre-Museu Dalí, foremost of a series of sites associated with eccentric surrealist artist Salvador Dalí, who fell, like many others, for the wild natural beauty of seaside Cadaqués.
The Festival will be held on the territory of Spain, on the famous and one of the most visited coasts of the country – Costa Brava.
The international Festival ‘Under the Spanish sky’ is a festival of various art genres:
dance, music, theater, visual arts, photography, magic tricks, circus art, martial arts, etc.
The festival is open to groups and soloists from art schools, academies, studios, children's and youth centers, children, teenagers, and adults without age limit.
The purpose of this Festival is to come together and to get to know different cultures and types of creativity.
PURPOSE AND PRIMARY GOALS OF FESTIVAL
◦ Revival, preservation, and development of national cultures.
◦ Acquaintance with the best creative associations, establishment of contacts between collectives, exchange of a creative experience
◦ Support and development of young creativity.
Choreographic Art (Groups, collectives, ensembles, show-entertainers, soloists, etc.)
-Modern Dance (Jazz, Modern, Neoclassical, etc.)
-National Dance (Folk Dance)
-Social Dances (Swing, Argentine tango, Zoug, Kizomba, Bachata, Salsa, Samba, Merengue,
Reggaeton, Hustle, etc.).
-Mixed styles of Dance
Instrumental Music (Ensembles, Orchestras, Quartettes, Trios, Duettes, and individual performers)
-Ethnical Music, etc.
Vocal (Choirs, Ensembles of different styles of execution, Quartettes, Trios, Duettes, and Soloists)
Photography/ Video, Design
Arts and Crafts
Art of creative word
Musicals and musical theatre productions
Mixed Music and Dance groups
Other types of Art
Children, adult creative groups, and individual performers with no age limit can take part in the Festival.
◦ 4 till 8 years
◦ 9 till 13 years
◦ 14 till 19 years
◦ 20 years and over
The Organizing Committee reserves the right to use and distribute audios, recordings, prints, and other sorts of products produced during the competition period.
The group leaders bear full responsibility for the members of the group during the festival and free time.
◦ Stage presence and technicality
◦ A compositional approach to performance
◦ Artistic disclosure of culture
◦ Level of difficulty of executive performance
◦ Creative individuality
The organizational committee of the competition chooses the members of the international jury.
The jury rates the performances of the competition by voting secretly on a scale of one to ten.
The main evaluation criteria judges on the executive level and skill.
PRIZES AND AWARDS OF THE FESTIVAL
All participants of the competition are awarded international diplomas.
The participants of the competition are given the following title:
◦ Grand Prix possessor
◦ 1st-degree winner
◦ 2nd-degree winner
◦ 3rd-degree winner
◦ Award winner
◦ Participant of the competition
Winners of the competition are awarded corresponding certificates, confirming the title.
Sponsors have the right to set up additional prizes and awards independently from the rewarding jury.
1st Day - 19th June
Participants’ arrival, organizational meeting with Organizing Committee of Festival and group leaders
2nd Day - 20th June
Welcome day of the participants where they get to know each other.
Exchange of experience, Master-class.
3rd Day - 21st June
Contest day, the performance of the participants according to the program established by the organizing committee. Festival March to the venue.
4th Day - 22nd June
Gala Concert (Demonstration of the best performances, delivery of diplomas and awards)
5th Day - 23rd June
The departure of participants (checkout before 10 am)
The program can be changed.
All excursions on request and for an additional payment.
The organizers reserve the right to cancel the Festival 30 days before the start of the festival week in case the minimum number of participants is missing. In the case of contributions already paid, the amount will be reimbursed in full to the participants.
FOR AN ADDITIONAL PAYMENT, EXCURSIONS CAN BE ORGANISED:
◦ 4 hours rest on a sailing catamaran ‘Sensation’, includes food and drinks + swimming in a wild bay
◦ Excursion to Barcelona + musical fountains
◦ Excursion to the Montserrat monastery
◦ Knights tournament at the 18th-century medieval castle (with dinner or just drinks)
◦ Show Flamenco ‘Noche Espanyola’
◦ Theme park “Port Aventura”
◦ Excursion to Girona and famous Dali Museum
190€/pax – triple room (additional night - 40€/pax)
215€/pax – double room (additional night - 45€/pax)
325€/pax – singl room (additional night - 55€/pax)
Groups of 25 persons: One group leader free of charge!
ADDITIONAL PAYMENT FOR PARTICIPANTS:
◦ Solists: 50€
◦ Duets, small groups (3-5 people): 20€/person
◦ Participation in the additional category – 10€/person
ALL PARTICIPANTS AND GUESTS WILL BE PROVIDED WITH:
◦ 5 (11) days/ 4 (10) nights in a 3*** hotel in triple or quadruple- rooms. The hotel is located 60 km from Barcelona Airport and 35 km from Girona Airport. It is located in the city center.
◦ 3x food service per day (Buffet).
◦ Prizes and gifts
◦ International Diplomas
◦ Diplomas and gifts from the city
◦ An official invitation
◦ Groups of 25 persons: One group leader free of charge!
◦ Opportunity to visit the best places in Costa Brava (a big spectrum of excursions is offered for an additional payment)
◦ Participation in welcoming evening where participants get to know each other and present their group.
◦ Masterclasses possibility, additional holidays before or after the festival.
◦ Medical insurance
◦ Transport charges
◦ Transfer Barcelona/ Girona Airport – hotel – Barcelona/ Girona Airport. If you wish, we can arrange a transfer for an additional payment. Participants arriving separately should pay separately.
The price doesn't include tourist tax!
The tourist tax has to be paid to the hotel at the check-in.
The price is 0,50€/ person/ night. This is only for people who are 17 years old and older.
- 19/06/2021 - 23/06/2021
19/06 - 23/06
- 5 days (4 nights) = 190 € per person
How to get there
You can arrive on the spot by plane or private bus transportation.
If needed the organizer can provide bus transportation and other transportation services.
Things to do
Explore Spain like never before!
1. Barcelona Panoramica
All day trip to Barcelona to visit Colombo Monument, Montjuic Hill - PanoramicView, Olympic Stadium, Magic Fountains,Plaza Espanya, Gran Via, Paseo de Gracia, Casa Batllo – Gaudi, Casa Pedrera – Gaudi, Sagrada Familia – Gaudi and free time at Plaza Cataluña
2. Barcelona Aquarium
The largest Mediterranean-themed aquarium in the world. Embark on an aquatic journey through the tropical oceans, coral reefs, and marine communities of the Mediterranean. With 35 aquariums and 11,000 animals from 450 species, it's full of sea life to get to know.
3. Camp Nou
Must see places in Barcelona: the Sagrada Família, Park Güell, and FC Barcelona Stadium.
4. Flamenco Show
Experience the passion and music of traditional Spanish Flamenco music and dance. The performance is a fascinating journey through Spanish folklore, music, and dance, from the classics to the purest flamenco. Two hours show program and drink: sangria, champagne or fruit juice.
Place where spirituality, nature, and history come together. The mountain and Benedictine Monastery of Montserrat, founded in the 11th century, are located in a natural park 60 km west of Barcelona.
It is well known as the site of the Benedictine abbey, Santa Maria de Montserrat, which hosts the Virgin of Montserrat sanctuary. The mountain is composed of a strikingly pink conglomerate, a form of sedimentary rock. Montserrat is Spain's first National Park.
It will be our pleasure to make your trip an unforgettable experience!
We can provide the following services for your group:
- accommodation during the trip (in case you need a sleepover on your way to the chosen destination)
- accommodation during the festival event you attend
- travel and transportation tips and assistance
- purchasing airplane and bus tickets
- organizing transportation for a group or individuals
- assist and advise in the procedure of issuing visas (if needed)