International Festival of Dance and Songs
Mediterranean Folklore Dance Festival in Larnaca
14 September - 19 September
The coastal city of Larnaka is one of the world’s 20 most ancient continuously inhabited areas.
It is the gateway to Cyprus and a blend of old and new. From its traditional architecture, authentic taverns and local handicrafts to its cultural sites and religious monuments, old Larnaka is an evocative glimpse into a Cyprus past. New and modern Larnaka harmoniously intertwines with these elements of ancient Kition, and offers the cosmopolitan visitor beautiful sandy beaches, a bustling promenade, shopping, advanced infrastructure, and every conceivable amenity. With almost guaranteed sunshine every day, Larnaka is an exciting all-year-round destination that offers cultural events, numerous attractions, activities, and leisure options all of which are very close by.
Larnaka is a place where “They Always Come Back”. We are not only referring to Larnaka’s winter guests, the flamingos, which are visiting the area’s lakes in flocks, but also the visitors of Larnaka who keep returning year after year.
The region has the highest percentage of repeat visitors amongst the seaside areas of the island at 60% - a testament to its broad appeal, which embraces a number of unique features, including many traditional Cypriot experiences.
Every member of the Dance group, including musicians must pay a participation fee of 220 euros per person which you must pay in advance.
Any extra people that wish to join the group for purposes of visiting Cyprus and have fun during the days of the festival as escorts of the group must pay 250 euros per person. They will also receive the same
100 euros per person must be paid as soon as you get accepted to the festival as a holding fee and the rest 120 euros can be paid until the one month before arrival. The amount of 100 euros is non-refunded if any cancellations occur from the groups side or from the organisers side incase of any pandemic, natural disasters or war circumstances. This is because we still require to pay reservations for hotels and bookings.
The Leader of all groups will be our guest and therefore not pay the registration fee. You are also welcomed to bring representatives from your country; that may be the Mayor of your town or a professional
well-known journalist that may want to cover the promotion of Cyprus to their country. They will also be our guests and not pay any fees.
THE ORGANIZING COMMITTEE OFFERS:
- Accommodation in Hotel Apartments of 1-2-3-4 bedrooms or 3-4 star hotel rooms for 2-3-4 persons in a room. People who want accomodation in a single or double room should pay the difference of the price. A single room costs 35 euro per person per night and a
double costs 25 euro per person per night extra
- 3 buffet meals per day
- Internal Transportation (transfers from airport to hotel and back, or transportations from and to venues if needed)
- Free entrance to venues and archaeological museums.
- Free mini cruise, party on boat and diving
- Traditional Parties with free food and drinks
- Day trip tour to Nicosia
- Presents and Tshirt
- We can organize extra excursions for each group for a small fee for the transportation
We are NOT responsible for the expenses for your transportation to Cyprus (airplane tickets, lateral flow tests if needed, etc.)
- 14/09/2023 - 19/09/2023
14/09 - 19/09
- 6 days (5 nights) = 220 € per person
CONDITIONS OF PARTICIPATION:
- All folklore dance groups from Mediterranean countries may participate, but we are also accepting folklore dance groups from anywhere in the world, as we want to give the opportunity to anyone that wishes to join. (If you know someone who would be interested in joining our festival then please feel free to forward the information to them)
- All members (Leaders, dancers, musicians and extra people joining) must follow to Covid-19 guidlines according to the Cypriot government. Of course, everything depends on the spread of Covid-19 by that time.
- The organizers of the festival are not responsible for providing any Visas to International individuals (outside the EU) that are applying for the festival. So make sure you get in contact with the embassy in time before your arrival. We can only provide help with communication.
- Maximum dance group, choir and band members is twenty-four (24).For music bands the minimum number of members is twelve (12). (Please note that we encourage music to be live for dance groups and choirs, not from a CD). - If groups however wish to bring more members then it is permitted, just contact us. We encourage dance groups to bring their own traditional choirs and bands if any available in their own company. In this case, the maximun number of participants including all, dance, choir and band members of the same group, will be sixty (6o) people.
- We will be accepting groups from the age of seventeen (16) year olds.
ABOUT THE PERFORMANCES
- There will be a total of eight (8) performances over the 6 days of the festival.
- Four(4) of the performances need to be with a different choreography and costumes for dancers and for choirs and bands it needs to be different songs and outfits.
- Some of the performances are in the morning, so please be prepared with also a lighter/cooler traditional outfit from your country, since Cyprus is still really warm in September.
EXHIBITIONS OF COSTUMES AND PRODUCTS
The chosen groups will have the opportunity to exhibit traditional items and costumes from their country
During the festival, a Costume Exhibition will take place, where all the chosen countries will exhibit the traditional costume of their country. A special ceremony will take place at the venue.
Groups can bring souvenirs from their country to the festival to exchange with other country groups.
The application deadline is 30th of March 2023.